Friday, December 31, 2010

Goodbye 2010, Hello Bright, Shiny New Year & Fests


Lifting, rising above gravity, reveling in each sunrise, every sunset. Allowing myself to breathe, to relax, to be. That's my goal.


I hope that by not making word count goals or resolutions to finish work by certain dates, that I will achieve these things through the exuberance of being alive, doing what I love. I want joy to shoulder out anxiety and doubt. So, I'm going to grab a broom and sweep 2010 out the door and welcome in a new year filled with effervescent hope and possibility.

Of course, Storyqueen says we need to be careful what we wish for, so if you see me floating off like some untethered helium balloon. . .
*

Since I had so much fun in my last post writing a scene-in-verse for a blogfest, I'm going to jump on in to another fest. Actually, I joined this one last year, and it rocked. Sunday (Jan. 2) is Frankie Diane Mallis' No Kiss Blogfest, and, yeah, you post a scene where a kiss comes tantalizingly close, but no lips touch. Be brave, put up a scene, or at least come read all the juicy entries.

*

And one more fest! I just saw Vicki Rocho's Eye Candy Blogfest, which is easy-peasy. Just put up a picture that makes you smile. Here is a wooden plate painted by artist Katrin Wiese. I can't help but grin every time, looking at all the magical passengers on that little boat.

*

Neil Gaiman has the best wishes for the new year, including "I hope, somewhere in the next year, you surprise yourself." That's something I aspire to. I love surprises. Thanks, Neil.

*

1/1/11, you got to believe in magic sometimes.

*

Happy New Year! *scuttles off to indulge in brie and bubbly stuff*

28 comments:

The Words Crafter said...

Breathe. Relax. Be. Great goals. I hope we all find ways to do more of them....

I love reading Neil Gaiman's blog and I loved his new year wish.

I hope you get everything you wish for and aspire to in the new year :)

Jemi Fraser said...

Love Gaiman's wish and your goal! Hope they both come true for you! :) Enjoy all the best in 2011!

Jules said...

Love the goals, here is to you reaching them :)

Popped over from Eye Candy.
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Jackee said...

Happy New Year to you, too! :o) I believe you're right about this year--magic is in the waiting--SURPRISE magic. lol!

Thanks for all the links!

Anne Gallagher said...

Sometimes we just need to BE, without any pressure.

Happy Happy New Year, Tricia!!! I'm off to find my own brie. For breakfast no less.

Jeremy [Retro] said...

very nice!
:)
jeremy [iZombie]

Anonymous said...

That's a cute plate.

Happy New Year!

Mary@GigglesandGuns said...

Interesting ship. A lot of stories there.

Unknown said...

The Katrin Wiese plate looks magical - I could look at it for an age!
Neil's wish is a great and multi-layered one - I certainly hope I get to surprise myself.
Happy New Year.

Catherine Denton said...

What wonderful goals! I wish you the best relaxation this year.

Margo Berendsen said...

Oh, I love that wish from Neil Gaiman. And thanks for pointing out the 1/1/11. That is magic!

Donna said...

Let's hear it for magic and surprises!

Danette said...

Very nice pictures although I am partial to the first one! I love the water (as you saw!) Happy New Year and I think that you have hit upon the perfect New Year's wish!

Unknown said...

Happy New Year, Tricia!

Luna said...

Ooh...love this!

Happy New Year to you!

Michael Di Gesu said...

Good luck reaching your goals, Tricia.

Happy New Year!

Michael

Vicki Rocho said...

There's a great story figuring out how all those animals managed to wind up in the same boat! Thanks for sharing!

admin said...

I wonder where there headed in that boat? They are all looking at different things. What a beautiful night. I'll be sweeping away 2010 too. Today is a good day for cleaning to get ready for what the New year holds! I've got a novel floating around waiting for me to edit it for a publisher and another that seems oh so more interesting spread about the house waiting for some love. Thanks for stopping by!

February Grace said...

I love the bear holding a teddy bear! Very cool.

~bru

Jan Morrison said...

oh what a great picture - I love it. And I also love Neil Gaiman's wish - I think surprise is another name for god.
I'm sweeping and dusting and re-owning my home. I'm cleaning my desk between blog visits as I have lots of plans for this year!

erica and christy said...

happy new year...wishing you all the best in 2011!!! christy

Julie Musil said...

I love that wish about surprises ourselves in 2011. I wish you a happy new year!

amy said...

Nice pic for the blogfest! I like the little girl's expression.

Wendy Lu said...

Very unique choice for the Eye Candy Blogfest! Thanks for sharing, and for your comment on my blog. :) Happy New Year!

~TRA

http://xtheredangelx.blogspot.com

Barrie said...

Happy New Year, Tricia! Here's to a year of joyful writing!

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

Thank you, everyone. Here's to a great new year!

Unknown said...

That boat scene would make me smile! How lovely!
CD

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

Clarissa: Isn't it a charmer? I own other of her artworks, which are all fantastical.